Map Academy faculty are available to collaborate in developing funding proposals. We provide expertise in the following areas:
- Specifying the overall study design
- Crafting sampling and randomization plans
- Conducting power analyses to inform sample size requirements and identify minimally detectable effect sizes
- Informing data collection and data management procedures
- Designing data analytic plans
- Guiding plans for assessing intervention fidelity
- Developing budget for post-award services
Our range of expertise allows us to contribute to funded research projects in variety of ways, depending on the needs of the project. These services include:
- Instrument Development
- Evaluating existing psychometric data to appraise the degree of reliability and validity evidence for existing instruments.
- Supporting best practices for instrument development in areas such as item writing, general design, and administration.
- Developing appropriate qualitative data collection protocols for the study design.
- Data Management
- Formatting paper-pencil response sheets for OMR (optical machine reader) and scanning completed forms for efficient data entry.
- Creating Qualtrics surveys for online data collection.
- Constructing customized data systems for individual projects.
- Data Analysis
- Performing descriptive and inferential analyses
- Analytic methods may include, but are not limited to: general/generalized linear modeling, mixed modeling (i.e., multilevel or hierarchical linear modeling), latent variable modeling (e.g., structural equation modeling, item response theory, and factor analysis), and mediation and moderation analysis.
- Using complex survey analysis methods to analyze data from large-scale national and international survey studies (e.g., ECLS, NAEP, PISA)
- Conducting qualitative data analysis.
- Guiding the integration procedures for mixed methods studies.
- Creating appropriate visual data displays.
- Collaborating on the preparation of manuscripts.
Start Your Project
Thank you for your interest. Please complete the following form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.